7 Fruits and vegetables that you should not remove your skin. Discover why

When you eat a fruit, do you eat it with or without skin ? Many people have the habit of removing the peel of fruits and vegetables they consume, sometimes for fear of the effects of pesticides, sometimes for their sour or bitter taste and almost always because of how difficult it is to chew. However, there are foods that you should eat along with your skin, find out why!

Believe it or not, there are fruits whose highest percentage of antioxidants or compounds beneficial to our health are found right in their peel, hence the convenience in consuming it. Then from Effective Health we will share what are those foods that you should not peel and eat along with your skin:

Orange

The orange peel has a compound called “D-lemonene”, is responsible for protecting us from the effects of UV rays. According to the University of Arizona, eating the equivalent of a teaspoon of striped orange peel per week decreases the risk of getting skin cancer by 30%.

But how to consume the orange peel? You can scratch it and add it to smoothies, salads and other natural drinks.

https://i0.wp.com/ketoslimreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/7-fruits-and-vegetables-that-you-should-not-remove-your-skin.-Discover-why.jpg?resize=450%2C900&ssl=1

READ ALSO: WHY REASON SHOULD YOU PUT WATER FROM PAPA CASCARA IN THE HAIR?

Cucumber

This is a great ally to our health. It is a low-calorie food that helps us lose weight , cleanse our intestines, improve our skin and consume their skin is very beneficial. It contains the most important cucumber compound, “Silica”, which helps the formation of collagen. Unlike other foods, the cucumber peel does not have an unpleasant, strong or sour taste, so you already know that you can consume this vegetable with skin and everything for all the meals you prepare!

Watermelon

This fruit contains most of the citrulline (a compound rich in antioxidants) right in its bark. It also has arginine, (essential amino acid) that will help you maintain good health of the heart, cardiovascular and circulatory system and strengthen the immune system. You can prepare the peel of the pickled watermelon.

Kiwi Kiwi

skin is a potent antibacterial and will help you get rid of staphylococci and Escherichia coli. Although its skin is not very pleasant in taste, we can manage to cut it into pieces and add it to a juicy and nutritious fruit salad or prepare a delicious smoothie with other fruits. After the food is crushed by the blender, it is certain that you will not notice the difference.

Banana Banana

peel contains more fiber and potassium than in its meat. It also has lutein, a powerful antioxidant that helps good vision. In the banana skin there is also an amino acid called tryptophan, which is believed to be responsible for counteracting depression by increasing serotonin levels in the body, a neurotransmitter located in the brain that influences moods.

YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE! WITH THE FRUIT OF THIS FRUIT YOU WILL LEAVE WEIGHT

The skin of the banana the more mature the fruit is softer, sweeter and softer. Therefore, when the banana peel turns dark, do not panic: just boil it and make yourself a tea or crush it to make an exquisite smoothie with other fruits.

Apple

The apple peel, according to a study by Cornell University contains the highest proportion of phytochemicals present in this food (87%) and these compounds are particularly effective in fighting cancer. A percentage more than important: since only the remaining 13% is found in the pulp of this fruit. Finally, the apple skin can be chewed and has no ugly taste, you can eat it naturally without peeling it, or add it to salads, desserts, etc. without any problem. Enjoy it!

Eggplant

If we analyze its composition, an eggplant shell contains 300 mg of nasunin, 200 mg of potassium and 13 mg of magnesium. Nasunin is an antioxidant that helps us protect brain cells, hence the importance of consuming this food with skin.

It is important to note that while the peel of these and many other foods can contain a high nutritional value and be very healthy, we must always maintain hygiene habits and wash food before consuming them. In this way, we make sure to eliminate chemicals and pesticides that are highly harmful to our health.

READ ALSO: AFTER READING THIS YOU’RE NOT GOING TO THROW THE HUSK OF THESE TWO FRUITS

Has this article been useful for you? If so, share it with your family, friends and acquaintances and help us reach more people to live fuller and healthier.